Eonway has introduced a 640-slice dynamic volume computed tomography (CT) scanner (Canon Aquilion One PRISM) to offer comprehensive medical imaging services. It uses a new 16cm-wide detector, enabling the scanning range to increase by 4 times in a single rotation compared to a 64-slice CT scanner, and hence allowing patients to complete heart examination in just one heartbeat. As a result of this fast scanning speed, most patients do not need to take medications to lower their heartbeats before heart examination. Also, the radiation dose is reduced by 80% compared to a 64-slice CT scanner. The high quality CT images generated have allowed doctors to observe minor lesions that were difficult to see in the past. We can, therefore, improve the diagnostic accuracy and accomplish early detection of oncology and cardiovascular diseases.
We mainly use this new model CT640 CT scan to screen for cardiovascular diseases, cancers, and for other purposes on a whole body-basis. With its outstanding image quality, the doctors can accurately diagnose complicated conditions to provide timely and appropriate treatment to patients. None of the past models but the new model CT640 CT scan has reached new heights with features such as low radiation dose, low contrast agent dose used, large-scale and one-time dynamic imaging, and simultaneous examinations of multiple organs. Also, the harmful effects of radiation on human bodies are less while the speed of the examination increases, resulting in improvement in our guest’s comfort and safety.
Features ● Adopts 320 detector rows to significantly reduce the radiation dose.
● Adopts 320 detector rows to shorten scanning time, which is a great help to the Division of Pediatric Cardiology and to patients who cannot meet the requirements.
● Adopts 320 detector rows to greatly reduce artifacts produced by bones, metals, and calcifications.
● Apart from the general imaging examinations, the 320 detector rows have unlimited potentials in functional examinations and dynamic applications (hemodynamics.)
The New Model of Low-Noise Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) has the advantages of being non radioactive, high resolution, multiple ways of dissection, functional imaging, and enabling scanning on any parts of the body. For the sake of health screening, an MRI check up provides more detailed images.
Eonway Health Management Center has introduced two new models of Canon Vantage Orian 1.5T magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanners. Apart from the advanced active noise control technology to reduce noises generated, our MRI scanners are designed with large aperture and short magnet to lower the subjects’ anxiety due to the narrow space. They also feature the most extensive scan area (55×55×50 cm) in the industry, which shortens the time needed for a full-body scan and increase the efficiency of the examination.
In addition, the fourth generation of Non-contrast MRA technique increases the imaging sensitivity of the peripheral vessels and can be applied in the examinations of various body parts. This technique also reduces the risks of contrast agent injection for patients with renal failure, offering our guests a safer examination and achieving the goal for improving diagnostic accuracy.
Features ● Exclusive active noise control technology, significantly reducing noises generated during examination and improving subject comfort.
● Ultra large aperture (71cm) and short magnet (1.4m) design to reduce subjects’ anxiety due to the narrow space.
● Extensive scan area (55×55×50 cm), reducing screening time for a full-body scan and increasing efficiency.
● A new full-body tumor screening technology is offered – diffusion-weighted imaging skill.
● Contrast-free angiography of the arteries of lower limbs is offered.
● Contrast-free angiography of the renal arteries is offered.
Dual-energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DXA) Scanner
Osteoporosis has been a prevalent causes of dysfunction in the field of epidemiology. World Health Organization(WHO) has considered osteoporosis as the second most significant epidemic disease globally preceded only by the coronary artery disease. The investigations by Taiwan Health Promotion Administration(MOHW) have reported that osteoporosis is the fourth most common chronic disease in elderlies over 65 years of age.
Recent research has shown that the incidence rate of hip fracture in Taiwan is the highest in Asia and the ninth among the world. Dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry (DXA) scanners have been the most accurate and effective equipment to diagnose osteoporosis. Eonway has adopted the new model of Whole-body dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry scanner (Discovery Wi) and apart from measuring the whole-body bone mineral density, this equipment calculates muscle mass and distribution of fat to assess the risks of developing into sarcopenia.
The incidence rate of breast cancer has been gradually climbing in recent years due to lifestyle changes. It has also become one of the most common cause of cancer for women, severely threatening women’s health. Successful breast cancer treatment relies on early detection and Mammography is an equipment specially designed to examine breasts, which is indispensable for the early diagnosis of breast tumors. It uses low-dose X-ray system with high contrast and high-resolution technique to create explicit images of breasts. It is a useful tool to screen for breast related diseases and plays a pivotal role in the diagnosis of breast cancers.
To provide important and effective diagnosis to females, Eonway provides a new model of multi-functional mammography equipment for breast cancer scanning. The features are: ●Professional female radiographer will be at your service throughout the whole examination. ●The multi-point automatic exposure device reduces the subjects’ exposure to X-ray and improves the accuracy of the diagnostic images. ●The automatic localization device speeds up the process and makes it more convenient. ●The supportable puncture device makes the results more accurate.
●The examination device is specifically designed for Asian physique.
Ultrasound screenings have been widely applied in the examinations of numerous body parts, featuring no radiation, high reliability and effectiveness. The examination procedure is relaxing and comfortable. Continuous innovations in ultrasound imaging equipment in recent years have significantly improved the resolution and technological development in ultrasound imaging, enhancing the diagnosis sensitivity and accuracy.
The ultrasound scanner TOSHIBA Aplio XG is the most advanced ultra-model for the Aplio series with outstanding performances including increased sensitivity and expanded field of view for the resolving power, color Doppler, and Doppler energy. In terms of the new technology development, our ultrasound scanner possesses compound image, tissue harmonic image, ultrasound elastography, micropure, and advanced dynamic flow, which are widely utilized in the abdominal, breast, and thyroid examinations. It is an extremely effective tool for diagnosis purpose.
QA & Pre-Screening Precautions→ If you have any other related queries, please feel free to contact us any time. We will provide you with the most professional advice and services. The service line is (02)2332-3289.
1. Please do not wear any accessories on the day of screening, including necklace, ring, bracelet, and so on.
2. Guests taking a coronary computed tomography angiography and upper abdominal examinations must empty stomach with contrast agent expect to be injected. Please fast(excluding water) for at least 4 hours before the screening. 3. Examinations require contrast agent injection including coronary computed tomography angiography, upper abdominal or circumstances where doctors feel necessary. Guests will need to bring kidney function blood test report taken within the last 3 months to assure our guest’s safety. If guests cannot prepare the report in advance, guests can have their kidney function blood tests take on site on the day of the examination. The processing time is approximately 40 ~ 60 minutes. 4. Guest suffer from hyperthyroidism and are not fit to inject contrast agents, please notify our medical staffs in advance. ● Please do no hesitate to contact us for appointment or any other queries at (02)2332-3289 or (02)2332-9888 extension 2302.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – Pre-Screening Precautions
1. Please do not wear accessories or hairpins on the day of the examination (especially metal accessories). 2. Please do not use hair spray products to avoid artifacts that affect doctors’ interpretation of the reports. 3. Please notify the medical staffs if you have ever been injured by metal scraps, bullets, or implanted with the following devices such as cardiac pacemaker, cerebral vascular clip (or coil), artificial heart valve, and cochlear implant (guests with the above conditions are not suitable for MRI examination). 4. Please notify the medical staffs if you are implanted with surgical staples (sheets), artificial joints (prosthetics), intrauterine contraceptive devices, portable hearing aids, and dentures or braces. 5. Guests taking an upper abdominal examination must empty stomach and injected contrast agent. Please fast at least 6 hours (including water) before screening. 6. Examinations that need to inject contrast agent include nasopharyngeal, upper abdominal, pelvic, breast tests or circumstances where our doctors feel necessary. Guests need to bring kidney function blood test report taken within last 3 months for assessments. If guests cannot prepare the report in advance, guests can have their kidney function blood tests take on site on the day of the examination and the processing time is approximately 40 ~ 60 minutes. 7. Breast MRI examination needs to coordinate with menstrual cycle. Please call us for consultation on the first day of period to arrange proper examination date for you. 8. Please stop taking all hormone drugs three months before breast MRI examination such as lutein, birth control pills, and nutritional supplements containing estrogens such as royal jelly, lecithin, evening primrose oil (borage oil), soy isoflavones, red clover, and North America cohosh.
● Please do no hesitate to contact us for appointment or any other queries at (02)2332-3289 or (02)2332-9888 extension 2302.